Skip to main content

Small business insurance solutions for restaurants

Restaurant ownership is risky business. The right insurance is necessary for restaurant owners to protect their investments and ensure long-term success.

Running a restaurant comes with its fair share of risks. From accidents in the kitchen to customer injuries, unforeseen events can disrupt business and put the restaurant owner's financial stability at stake. That's why having the right insurance coverage is crucial.

At Victor, we offer a range of small business insurance solutions specifically tailored to the needs of restaurant owners, including:

  • Liability coverage, which helps protect against incidents such as customer slip and fall accidents, foodborne illnesses, property damage, or lawsuits related to advertising.
  • Workers’ compensation that covers injuries to restaurant employees.
  • Property coverage to protect the against covered losses to business personal property, owned buildings, and business income as well as options for food contamination or spoilage losses, employee theft and more.
  • Cyber insurance that protects the restaurant against cyber threats and data breaches.

Download the Restaurants highlight sheet

Learn more about each individual coverage below. 


Coverage highlights for restaurants

  • Available providers: CNA, Coterie, Hiscox and Homesite
  • Available nationwide
  • Up to 50 employees
  • Up to $30M in sales*
  • Limits up to $10M in total insured property*
  • Multi-location available
  • New ventures welcome
  • Optional coverages such as spoilage, food contamination and liquor liability endorsements available
  • Umbrella indication available with CNA BOP quote

*Dependent on provider and class code

  • Available providers: AmTrust, Coalition and Victor
  • Available nationwide
  • Revenues up to $250M
  • Limits up to $2M bind-able online
  • Limits up to $5M via referral
  • Tech E&O coverage available via endorsement

  • Available providers: Coterie and Hiscox
  • Available nationwide
  • Up to 50 employees
  • Up to $10M in revenue for most classes
  • Limits up to $2M

  • Available providers: AmTrust, CNA, Employers and Markel
  • Limits up to $1M/$1M/$1M
  • Multi-state capabilities
  • New ventures eligible in most classes
  • Superior claims and loss control services

E&S Property

  • Available provider: Joyn
  • Available in 37 states and D.C.*
  • Location TIV: $10M
  • Total TIV: $25M
  • Equipment breakdown coverage enhancement available

E&S General Liability

  • Available provider: Joyn
  • Available in 37 states and D.C.*
  • Limit: $1M
  • Revenue: $50M
  • Liquor liability coverage enhancement available

*Coming soon: ID, KS, KY, LA, MT, NE, ND, SD, VT, WY
*Not available in AK, FL, HI


Restaurant class code guide

  • Bakeries
  • Casual dining
  • Catering services
  • Diners
  • Establishments with limited cooking
  • Family-style
  • Fast food
  • Fine dining
  • Food trucks
  • Hotel restaurants
  • Mobile food services

Beyond the basics: Optional coverages and endorsements for restaurant owners

As a restaurant owner, it is important to consider additional insurance coverages beyond general liability, building, and business contents.